What We Do
The Risk and Quantitative Analysis team provide independent advice and quantitative evaluations to lead BlackRock’s management of its fiduciary and corporate risks. We apply statistical insights to our clients’ portfolios and broad financial markets in order to form close advisory partnerships with investment teams and encourage best practice across the firm.
Our team is known for:
- Integrity as a fiduciary to clients
- Unbiased insights into Financial Markets and Portfolios
- Critical independent thought leadership
- Partnering with the global investment teams in constructing portfolios that are consistent with specified risk and performance objectives
- Providing independent risk oversight for senior management of the firm and the board of directors
What You’ll Do
As an analyst in Risk and Quantitative Analysis, you will:
- Apply statistical techniques to real financial data and live portfolios to aid fund managers’ real-time decision making
- Enhance processes and risk analyses to better align risk policies and methodologies with the client’s objectives
- Learn to critique and exercise judgment around analytics, having developed a deep understanding of risk methodologies
- Learn to communicate complex ideas to key stakeholders in a high impact manner
- Facilitate risk and control self-assessments with the business.
- Provide independent and consultative risk management services to the business on a range of key projects including risk identification and evaluation of corresponding controls
Qualities we look for:
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical background and genuine interest in problem solving
- Strong communication skills. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to explain analytical or quantitative concepts in practical and simple terms
- Broad interest in financial markets and investments
- Attention to detail, a strong work ethic and ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.